June 28, 2010

satellite

Illustration Friday, satellite.Every so often, I like to go to the window, look up, and smile for a satellite picture.
- Stephen Wright

I have been wanting so badly for things to slow down enough to do little art projects for fun again. I decided to make it happen, last night, late.

I rounded up some materials: 1 sharpie, 2 colored pencils, white and back paper, sting, tape, and 1 exacto knife (with a broken tip). For me this weeks topic turned into a challenge to make something happy out of whatever I could find - without waking up Jacinda. I decided satellites reminded me of being a child, should be hanging, and I went with a mobile.
♥ ♥ ♥ Have a wonder filled day!

9 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This so cool. I really like this!

Eric Barclay said...

What fun project- great angles on the satellites. Like your color choices, too.

Isabelle said...

Love the idea of making this as a "real" satellite - moving objects! Your mobile is awesome! Such a good idea, doing a 3D illo, I think you are right, sometimes we have to say "I am making it, now." if not it keeps orbiting in our heads forefer.... and ever hehe.

Blush Response said...

I love this, Tiffany! I'd totally hang one in my room. :) Also, I tweeted about this via @SavetheMoon.

Trie W. said...

Wow, great work you have here. You're making this satellite into 3D. It's so out of the box. Cool! By the way, thanks for your comment.

joseph's art and stuff said...

sweet! see ya round town on friday?

AG Fabrega said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AG Fabrega said...

Love the concept and final piece. Couldn't help peeking at your other work on your portfolio site and yow...it's awesome! Bookmarking!

(sorry for previous comment error, btw)

Tiffany said...

@Joe - Hope so...we'll see if I can sneak out? :)

And, thank you all for your lovely comments! I love the community that comes with IF - so much fun!